Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Painting my House

Ever since I bought my house I have wanted to paint stripes in my office. This was kind of a big project so I have been kind of putting it off. But over these past few weeks I finally got the nerve to start this project. I had no clue what I was doing but I headed off to Lowes (my new favorite store) and bought paint supplies and paint. I am proud to say that it turned out great (as long as you don't look too closely)!! I am way excited to try other projects in my house now!


Before


During
(it took forever to tape off all the stripes)

After

The picture makes it look like the stripes are different colors, but it was just the flash of the camera. It is actually the same color but one stripe is just glossy and kind of "pearly." Kind of fun!

6 comments:

Penny said...

Very cool! I love the look and how it turned out! Will you come and paint at my house when we move back to the US?

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

That looks amazing!I am very impressed ... looks like you have a little Bob Villa in there with your Martha.

Kari said...

Wow that looks great! You did a good job. Will you paint my laundry room?! :)

Tiffany said...

Katie, that looks awesome. It makes your office look so classy! Way to go...I can't wait to come see it. And, from what the pictures show, it looks like you survived the 1 inch tape just fine! :)

Unknown said...

Your room looks awesome!!! I never would have thought of the idea.

So, I was able to link over to you from FB and I am so excited to see that we are practically neighbors!!! We should really try to get together real soon!

Email me at oohscrap@yahoo.com
and we'll see if we can come up with something.

Kristen said...

Love it Katie! I should try that. Looks really good.